Sampson County students return to classrooms
Sampson High School Alumni award scholarships
Searching for a match
‘Tarnished’ to premiere
Preparing for a new school year
- Crimewatch - 11:19 am
- Sampson County students return to classrooms - 10:20 am
- USDA to purchase surplus cheese for food banks - 10:17 am
- House of Raeford Farms debuts nw online presence - 7:06 am
- Cooperative Extension helps farmers search for alternative enterprises - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Pickin’ time again - 6:50 am
- Sampson High School Alumni award scholarships - 6:48 am updated: 10:53 am.
- Searching for a match - 6:38 am
- Green honored - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Crimewatch - 11:08 am updated: 3:13 pm.
- ‘Tarnished’ to premiere - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Preparing for a new school year - 6:48 am
- ‘Colors’ ride to benefit patients - 6:22 am
- SCC nursing program receives beneficial grant - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Sampson man charged with incest, statutory rape - 5:27 pm updated: 1:48 pm.
- Crimewatch - 2:46 pm
- Keeping tradition alive - 7:02 am
- Sampson County Schools budget includes $75M for 2016-17 - 6:55 am
- Democratic Women hosting picnic at Royal Lane - 5:30 am
- AG urges citizens to be cautious of charity scams - 5:15 am
- Rehearsals begin for next production - 8:45 pm updated: 8:45 pm.
- How you experienced God’s gifts? - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Christianity is an every day religion - 8:30 pm
- Identities of ATM robbers sought - 3:39 pm
- Crimewatch - 11:53 am
- Garland ABC Store closed - 7:06 am
- Dirks earns top honor - 7:05 am
- Dressing up McDonald’s - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Foundation installs new directors - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Lamar Advertising honored - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Chamber gears up for fall events - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Bentonville site of Summer Artillery program Saturday - 8:00 pm updated: 8:00 pm.
- Lakewood District Advisory Council begins for Sampson County Schools. - 5:04 pm
- Crimewatch - 1:44 pm
- Sampson County School kick off school year with Larry Bell - 7:05 am
- Lakewood District Pastors to host mass prayer on Aug. 31 - 6:56 am
- Where’s the beef? - 6:55 am
- CVB sets public input sessions for tourism plan - 6:49 am
- Students travel to New York City - 6:32 am
- Revivals begin at area churches - 8:30 pm
- Up for show - 7:30 pm
- Drug agents use aerial surveillance to seize pot plants - 5:41 pm updated: 5:41 pm.
- Crimewatch - 4:07 pm
- Chick-fil-A exec speaks at NCPF’s meeting - 7:15 am updated: 7:15 am.
- Three charged with drug trafficking; child abuse charges brought - 7:06 am
- Fruit of the vine - 7:00 am updated: 7:00 am.
- Four-vehicle wreck on U.S. 421 - 6:57 am
- Benefit of cotton defoliation - 6:50 am
- Sampson County Schools Open House set for Wednesday. - 6:48 am
- Why you should never ignore hip, thigh pain - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol ...
Preparing for a new school year
Teacher Marsha Miller spent time alone in an empty and silent classroom on Friday. But there will be more excitement on Monday when she’s facing...
‘Colors’ ride to benefit patients
Southeastern Medical Oncology Center is doing its part in helping local residents take on and defeat what can often be a deadly disease — cancer...
SCC nursing program receives beneficial grant
As Sampson County has the highest number of migrant and seasonal farmworkers in all of North Carolina, the most recent data (2013) indicates there are...
Sampson man charged with incest, statutory rape
A Sampson County man has received felony charges in connection with an investigation into alleged sexual offenses against an underage girl, Sampson Sh...
Clinton blanks SW Onslow
Clinton opened their football season on Friday night, hosting Southwest Onslow in a non-conference matchup. The Dark Horses, tired of hitting each oth...
Raiders win 55-54 thriller
Fans of Midway and Princeton got more than they bargained for on Friday night as the Raiders and Bulldogs squared off in Spivey’s Corner in week...
Lakewood rips East Columbus
After suffering a disappointing loss in the season opener on Monday night to Union, the Lakewood Leopards bounced back strong on Friday night, taking ...
Clinton, Carrboro battle to 1-1 draw
Coach Brad Spell took his Dark Horse Soccer team to Wake Med Park on Friday afternoon for a battle with Carrboro. The match was full of intensity thro...
Lakewood, Flores too much for Midway
The Lakewood soccer team traveled to Spivey’s Corner on Wednesday evening, taking on cross-county rival Midway in non-conference soccer action. ...
UMO chooses Sodexo as new food service vendor
Mount Olive — The University of Mount Olive has selected Sodexo as its new food service vendor. Sodexo provides services for over 75 million con...
Your salt intake may surprise you!
Do you try to be careful about the amount of salt in your diet? Are you pretty sure you’re eating about the right amount of salt (also known as ...
BirthdaysAug. 28Jason BarberEdna BoyetteZachary DardenKimball HoneycuttMody MurphyMinnie WilliamsMattie WorthamAug. 29Haley BurchLuther EdwardsOdell H...
Sampson County Schools budget includes $75M for 2016-17
Sampson County School’s Board of Education approved a $75.16 million budget for the 2016-17 school year.The budget resolution was approved durin...
Democratic Women hosting picnic at Royal Lane
Politics and voting is serious business for many, but a group of local women would like to add a little fun in the mix for one day.The Democratic Wome...
Garland ABC Store closed
GARLAND — With financial problems affecting the town’s Alcohol Beverage Control store, residents will now have to drive to another town if...
School bus drivers make impact, too
School bus drivers make a positive impact on our children.They usually are in the background, quietly doing their job without bringing much attention ...
Montgomery leaves legacy in countless lives he touched
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Such are the words from the King James Version of Ecclesiastes 3: 1We ...
Boykin a man who will live on in the hearts of many
There’s a song that keeps ringing in my ears. Some of the words are, “When you hear of my homegoing, don’t worry about me. I’m...
Remembering days on the beach
The dawn is heavy with the promise of another summer day patiently waiting to be born. In the stillness of this early hour, the sky to the east lighte...
Thumbs up to the city of Clinton!
We give a thumbs up to the city of Clinton and Planning Director Mary Rose for the gorgeous new signs that point travelers to different facilities wit...
Tires Inc. Member of Week
Tires Inc., a family-owned business operated by Michael and Aaron Edwards of Clinton, was selected as the Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce Member o...
Momentum building for Cycle NC
Can you believe it is already time for school to kick back into gear? That means the middle of August is among us and summer is coming to an end. Alth...
MiFinca expands seating area
Jaime Bonilla is a firm believer that success comes from one’s own hands.Three years ago, Bonilla and his wife, Claudia, took a giant leap and o...
‘Performance’ takes ownership of Ford
Just three years after it opened its doors, Performance Automotive is expanding its presence in Clinton by taking ownership of Ford of Clinton on U.S....
Rising above the ‘barre’
Even at a young age, Alyssa Lee said she always knew she wanted to be a dance teacher and own her own studio. At just 19 years old, the young dancer...
Chamber prepares to begin coat project
Happy Thursday Chamber friends! The Chamber has some exciting news to share! Cycle NC is coming to Clinton, yes Clinton! Cyclist will begin in the mou...