Employee charged in Papa John’s break-in, damage to property
Union Middle encourages voter registration
High tunnel, agriculture to benefit Harrells Nutrition Site
Teachers enhance learning through grant funds
Man charged in break-in, resident assault
- Employee charged in Papa John’s break-in, damage to property - 5:49 pm
- Union Middle encourages voter registration - 5:01 pm
- Crimewatch - 12:36 pm
- High tunnel, agriculture to benefit Harrells Nutrition Site - 7:02 am
- Street fair marks 30 years - 6:46 am
- Teachers enhance learning through grant funds - 6:01 am
- Revivals, celebrations being held locally - 8:30 pm
- Thaggard named to Meredith board - 8:30 pm
- Man charged in break-in, resident assault - 2:05 pm
- Crimewatch - 12:43 pm
- Tarnished Notes premieres at Clinton’s Sampson’s Agri-Exposition Center - 7:05 am updated: 10:32 am.
- SCC Foundation kicks off campus drive - 6:06 am
- Pink ribbon to serve as reminder - 8:45 pm
- LHS Homecoming court - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- The 43 muscles of the face - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Officers cleared in shooting - 4:47 pm
- Crimewatch - 12:53 pm
- Duke Grant, industrial training helps SCC students - 7:05 am
- Cloudy water to be treated - 6:57 am
- Diaper bank aims to provide ‘basic necessity’ - 6:39 am
- City schools recognized for AP test growth - 6:13 am
- What’s cookin’ - 9:07 pm
- Sampson County Gospel Sing coming to Family Worship Center - 7:08 am
- Rally for awareness - 7:07 am
- Sampson’s middle schools improve proficiency rate - 5:30 am updated: 5:30 am.
- Musical to hit stage in two weeks - 9:00 pm updated: 9:00 pm.
- Clinton TSA excels at conference - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Holding on with childlike faith - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Not even Daniel Webster can help - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Identifying with Christ - 6:30 pm
- Another added to list of sexual offense suspects - 4:22 pm
- Man charged with stealing burger buns - 3:42 pm
- Crimewatch - 3:29 pm updated: 11:28 am.
- BAS students honored - 11:30 am
- Trump: This is a movement - 11:00 am updated: 7:10 pm.
- Trump: This is a movement - 7:11 am
- Trump: This is a movement - 7:08 am
- SRMC honored for safety - 6:11 am
- SRMC honored for safety - 6:08 am
- Sampson education board reviews growth, test improvements - 6:03 am
- Sampson education board reviews growth, test improvements - 6:00 am
- Chamber gears up for fall events - 8:30 pm updated: 8:30 pm.
- Crimewatch - 12:20 pm
- An energizing experience - 7:05 am
- Local health officials urge Zika measures - 6:46 am
- Health officials urge flu vaccinations - 6:46 am
- Sampson County Schools discuss traffic matters at Hobbton - 6:44 am
- Midway storage facility moving forward - 6:30 am
- A community celebrates - 9:00 pm
- Area churches hosting revivals, homecomings - 8:30 pm
(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol ...
Tarnished Notes premieres at Clinton’s Sampson’s Agri-Exposition Center
Hollywood came to Clinton Sunday night when cameras flashed as stars and community members walked the red carpet.The world premiere for “Tarnish...
SCC Foundation kicks off campus drive
The Sampson Community College Foundation works to ensure students have the capability to earn an education without having the stresses of finding fina...
Pink ribbon to serve as reminder
Saturday kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Local health officials are hoping everyone will done their pink ribbons throughout the month of Octo...
LHS Homecoming court
Lakewood High School will have its homecoming events Friday night, Sept. 30. The football game will start at 7 p.m. There are 17 girls on the 2016 Hom...
The 43 muscles of the face
Did you know the face has 43 muscles? These are tiny muscles that control facial expressions like smiling, smirking and frowning. In fact, there is a ...
Knights of Columbus event hosts big crowd
Approximately 45 youngsters showed up on Saturday morning to participate in the Knights of Columbus Soccer Challenge shootout, which is sponsored by t...
Crusaders whip Clinton in straight sets
The Lady Crusaders made it two wins in a row by manhandling Clinton in straight sets, 3-0. The first set was close with Harrells winning by a narrow m...
Horses extend streak to nine
The Clinton Dark Horses varsity soccer team won their 10th game of the season, including their ninth in a row, on Monday night blanking West Brunswick...
East Bladen downs Midway
The JV Midway Raiders football team was in action Monday evening, squaring off against East Bladen to start conference play after weather postponed th...
Midway Middle wins opener
The Hobbton Middle School Wildcats hosted the Midway Middle Raiders Monday afternoon in the first game of the middle school season. The game was resch...
Hobbton nips Lakewood, 2-1
The Hobbton Wildcats hosted the Lakewood Leopards in soccer Monday afternoon and came away with a 2-1 win.“It was a typical Monday game. We came...
Duke Grant, industrial training helps SCC students
While wearing a safety glasses, Samantha Monroe concentrated as she operated machinery inside a shop at Sampson Community College.As she moved around ...
Air Force Heritage of America Concert Band to perform at UMO
MOUNT OLIVE — A concert will be given by the United States Air Force Heritage of America Concert Band at the University of Mount Olive on Oct. 1...
Clinton City SchoolsMonday, Sept. 26Chick Fillet on BunCheeseburgerMashed PotatoesSteamed CarrotsSliced PearsMilkTuesday, Sept. 27Spaghetti w/ Meat Sa...
Returning to Hollins
As I approached the grounds of Hollins, the excitement I felt was unexplainable. I was prepared and determined to begin my sophomore year. As many col...
BirthdaysSept. 25Lorine BellMartha Ann ByrdJames FaisonAmber KingTerrace MillerMarilyn PaoMamie SmithAnnie WilsonSept. 26Anthony “Smooch” ...
September is Child Obesity Month
Childhood obesity is a serious problem in the United States. Despite recent declines in the prevalence among preschool-age children, obesity among chi...
Leading students to better outcomes
It has been about twenty days since the opening of our new 2016-2017 school year, and I’m confident that our teachers have worked especially har...
Let the bells rings
This is for those who are lucky enough to be blessed by ‘The Constitution of the United States of America” 1787.The young nation daringly ...
Does the President thinkwe are stupid?
We do not want Washington tampering with our voting system under the pretense that “Russia has rigged it”. The Democrats are afraid that T...
It was built with good’bones’
“It may need a little work, but it has good bones.”If you ever bought or sold an older house, you may have heard that statement. The house...
Sharing Sampson’s best kept secret
It’s that time of year again which comes during the early days of September. As a matter of fact, the event to which I am alluding took place on...
Chamber prepares for upcoming holidays
November is right around the corner and the Chamber is proud to partner with the Small Business Center as well as other community supporters to promot...
SECU awards local scholarships
State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU) members, through the member-funded SECU Foundation, presented $5,000 scholarships to Blake Davis and Camero...
Chamber gearing up for Cycle NC
Can you believe that September is already here? We have so many exciting things that are going on at the Chamber that we would love for the community ...
Dressing up McDonald’s
A brand new McDonald’s in Clinton will be christened with an artistic touch from the community thanks to a partnership between the franchisee an...
Lamar Advertising honored
The Clinton-Sampson Chamber Member of the Week is Lamar Advertising. Lamar serves the advertising needs of eastern North Carolina, with an extensive i...
Chamber gears up for fall events
As August is coming to a close, I would like to remind the community of three main events that the chamber has going on that will kick-off the fall se...