(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 5 — Shanita R. Dumpson, 25, of 388 Tarheel Drive, Clinton, was charged with displaying another’s license as own, fictitious information to officer and driving while license revoked. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Aug. 4
• July 5 — Nicholas Turrubiartez Jr., 57, of 309 Oak St., Roseboro, was charged with domestic criminal trespassing, injury to real property and breaking or entering. No bond set; court date is July 5.
• July 5 — Jeffery Allen Hobbs, 40, of 48 Server Lane, Clinton, was charged with impeding traffic sit/stand/lie. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Aug. 2.
• July 5 — Craig Javon Murphy, 21, of 105 Emerly Lane, Clinton, was charged with larceny of a motor vehicle. Bond set at $5,000; court date is July 16.
• July 5 — Christopher Matthis of Clinton reported the theft of a zero-turn riding mower and a trailer, valued at a total of $11,000.
• July 5 — Michael Glunt of Clinton and Reditha Benning of Newton Grove were victims in a break-in and theft. Two tablets and a dog were stolen. The tablets were valued at $900 total.
• July 5 — Craven Register of Clinton reported that a golf cart was driven through his field, damaging his corn. Damage was estimated at $800.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.