(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 23 — Rosalio Escalante Garcia, 30, of 149 Mills Road, Mount Olive, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is July 26.
• July 23 — Crystal Denise Belcher, 31, of 3851 Old Mintz Hwy., Roseboro, was charged with identity theft, financial card theft, unlawful obtaining of credit card and misdemeanor larceny. Bond set at $24,000; court date is Aug. 12.
• July 24 — Bertha Ann Williams, 52, of 708 Stetson St., Clinton, was charged with damage to property and second degree trespass. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Aug. 18.
• July 25 — Paul Allen Boykin II, 27, of 3008 Matthis Road, Clinton, was charged with injury to personal property and injury to real property. No bond set; court date is Aug. 23.
• July 25 — Kimbrell Williams of Clinton reported a break-in to a Newton Grove property, with cash and parts of a coin machine taken. Items were valued at $1,800. Damage to a door was estimated at $200.
• July 25 — Bobby McLamb of Clinton reported two trailers stolen. A 5×8 foot trailer and an 18-foot trailer were valued at a total of $1,975.
• July 25 — James Robinson of Clinton reported damage to his vehicle due to a riding mower spitting out a rock. Damage to the left front fender, windshield and roof was estimated at $600.
• July 25 — Richard Williford of Newton Grove reported a riding mower, valued at $2,100, stolen.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.