(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 22 — Sara Marie Byrd, 22, of 3975 Roanoke Road, Newton Grove, was charged with fraud- unauthorized use of conveyance. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept. 27.
• Aug. 19 — A Pepsi vending machine located on Armory Road was damaged with a hatchet. The damage was estimated at $800.
• Aug. 21 — Kello Shipp of Clinton reported damage to her TV, valued at $1,000.
• Aug. 21 — The City of Clinton was the victim in the damage to a light pole, valued at $1,000.
• Aug. 22 — Tart’s Salvage of Dunn was the victim in the theft of a 1999 Chevy K15, valued at $1,000.
• Aug. 22 — Preston Heath Jr. of Dunn was the victim in the theft of property. A fishing rod rack, a hunting dog crate and a 150-quart cooler were valued at a total of $1,070.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.