(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 7 — Joshua Carl Westbrook, 28, of 330 Honrine Road, Clinton, was charged with uttering forged instrument. Bond set at $3,500; court date is Sept. 9.
• Sept. 7 — Lajuan Marquise Ashley, 19, of 604 Eastover Ave., Clinton, was charged with communicating threats, injury to real property and injury to personal property. No bond set; court date is Sept. 27.
• Sept. 7 — Torcha Johnson, 32, of 267 Thornton Road, Newton Grove, was charged with second degree trespassing. Bond set at $500; court date is Oct. 4.
• Sept. 7 — Sean Evan Tyndall, 29, of 48 WS Smith Lane, Dunn, was charged with second degree trespassing. Bond set at $500; court date is Oct. 4.
• Sept. 7 — Brandon Lee Conner, 25, of 1768 Honrine Road, Clinton, was charged with two counts of assault of an officer and damage to property. Bond set at $10,000; court date is Oct. 11.
• Sept. 7 — Jessica Maraya McLamb, 25, of 100 Capers Walk Lane, Clinton, was charged with injury to personal property. Written promise; court date is Sept. 23.
• Sept. 7 — Sidney James Potter, 20, of 504 Bynum Road, Godwin, was charged with assault on a female, cyberstalking and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Oct. 4.
• Sept. 7 — Carla El Bascha of Clinton reported a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe, valued at $10,000, taken from her property.
• Sept. 7 — Southern Mechanical Service Inc. of Abemarle reported items taken from a construction site on Moltonville Road. A welding machine, valued at $40,000, was stolen and recovered. A 20-foot custom trailer and two large steel storage boxes, valued at $7,200.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.