(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 13 — James Jeffery Garner, 33, of Budget Inn, Apt. 17, Southeast Blvd., Clinton, was charged with damage to personal property and assault on a female. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Oct. 4.
• Sept. 13 — Tina Nicole Nunnery, 42, of 4894 Autry Hwy., Autryville, was charged with identity theft and financial card fraud. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept. 23.
• Sept. 13 — Keith Laroy Smith, 28, of 17 Viking Lane, Clinton, was charged with assault by strangulation. No bond set; court date is Sept. 23.
• Sept. 13 — Gonzalo Corral of Salemburg reported the theft of numerous power and hand tools, valued at about $3,200.
• Sept. 13 — Elijah Whitaker of Clinton reported the theft of three chainsaws, valued at $350.
• Sept. 13 — Nidia Flores of Dunn reported the larceny of three Samsung Galaxy tablets and an iPhone 4. The items were valued at $850.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.