Historic ABC checks presented


Perry Solice of the Clinton ABC Board presented a check for $69,600 to Clinton City Schools Monday night. These funds assist the school system in teaching students about the dangers of alcohol. Accepting the check is Georgina Zeng, CCS Board of Education chairwoman.


Kristy D. Carter|Sampson Independent

Perry Solice of the Clinton ABC Board presents Clinton Mayor Lew Starling with a check in the amount of $278,400, more than $100,000 more than the city received last year. ‘That is a record for the City of Clinton,’ Starling announced, lauding the ABC Board, which also includes Dempsey Craig and chairwoman Shurley McCullen, as well as the store’s employees. ‘You read about scandals with ABC stores in other towns, but not in Clinton,’ the mayor said. ‘Never a hint of impropriety. This is a big deal for the city.’ Solice said higher sales and less money going toward salaries and insurance due to more part-time workers caused a significant bump in the distribution amount put Clinton ‘in a different category.’ The city received $176,800 last year. In all, the city receives 80 percent of the store’s profits. The Clinton City Board of Education also benefits, receiving the remaining 20 percent. A check for Clinton Police Department in the amount of $8,356 was also presented to Chief Jay Tilley.


Chris Berendt|Sampson Independent

Perry Solice of the Clinton ABC Board presented a check for $69,600 to Clinton City Schools Monday night. These funds assist the school system in teaching students about the dangers of alcohol. Accepting the check is Georgina Zeng, CCS Board of Education chairwoman.

Perry Solice of the Clinton ABC Board presents Clinton Mayor Lew Starling with a check in the amount of $278,400, more than $100,000 more than the city received last year. ‘That is a record for the City of Clinton,’ Starling announced, lauding the ABC Board, which also includes Dempsey Craig and chairwoman Shurley McCullen, as well as the store’s employees. ‘You read about scandals with ABC stores in other towns, but not in Clinton,’ the mayor said. ‘Never a hint of impropriety. This is a big deal for the city.’ Solice said higher sales and less money going toward salaries and insurance due to more part-time workers caused a significant bump in the distribution amount put Clinton ‘in a different category.’ The city received $176,800 last year. In all, the city receives 80 percent of the store’s profits. The Clinton City Board of Education also benefits, receiving the remaining 20 percent. A check for Clinton Police Department in the amount of $8,356 was also presented to Chief Jay Tilley.

Perry Solice of the Clinton ABC Board presented a check for $69,600 to Clinton City Schools Monday night. These funds assist the school system in teaching students about the dangers of alcohol. Accepting the check is Georgina Zeng, CCS Board of Education chairwoman.
http://clintonnc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/web1_ABC-Money-1.jpgPerry Solice of the Clinton ABC Board presented a check for $69,600 to Clinton City Schools Monday night. These funds assist the school system in teaching students about the dangers of alcohol. Accepting the check is Georgina Zeng, CCS Board of Education chairwoman. Kristy D. Carter|Sampson Independent

Perry Solice of the Clinton ABC Board presents Clinton Mayor Lew Starling with a check in the amount of $278,400, more than $100,000 more than the city received last year. ‘That is a record for the City of Clinton,’ Starling announced, lauding the ABC Board, which also includes Dempsey Craig and chairwoman Shurley McCullen, as well as the store’s employees. ‘You read about scandals with ABC stores in other towns, but not in Clinton,’ the mayor said. ‘Never a hint of impropriety. This is a big deal for the city.’ Solice said higher sales and less money going toward salaries and insurance due to more part-time workers caused a significant bump in the distribution amount put Clinton ‘in a different category.’ The city received $176,800 last year. In all, the city receives 80 percent of the store’s profits. The Clinton City Board of Education also benefits, receiving the remaining 20 percent. A check for Clinton Police Department in the amount of $8,356 was also presented to Chief Jay Tilley.
http://clintonnc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/web1_City-money-1.jpgPerry Solice of the Clinton ABC Board presents Clinton Mayor Lew Starling with a check in the amount of $278,400, more than $100,000 more than the city received last year. ‘That is a record for the City of Clinton,’ Starling announced, lauding the ABC Board, which also includes Dempsey Craig and chairwoman Shurley McCullen, as well as the store’s employees. ‘You read about scandals with ABC stores in other towns, but not in Clinton,’ the mayor said. ‘Never a hint of impropriety. This is a big deal for the city.’ Solice said higher sales and less money going toward salaries and insurance due to more part-time workers caused a significant bump in the distribution amount put Clinton ‘in a different category.’ The city received $176,800 last year. In all, the city receives 80 percent of the store’s profits. The Clinton City Board of Education also benefits, receiving the remaining 20 percent. A check for Clinton Police Department in the amount of $8,356 was also presented to Chief Jay Tilley. Chris Berendt|Sampson Independent
comments powered by Disqus