(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• June 22 — Charlton Armwood, 27, of 164 David Bright Road, Faison, was charged with breaking and or entering, larceny after breaking/entering and possession of stolen goods and property. Bond set at $25,000; court date is July 17.
• June 22 — Rodney Mott, 17, of 64 Serenity Lake Lane, Clinton, was charged with burglary-forcible entry, larceny after breaking and entering, possessing/concealing stolen property. Bond set at $20,000; court date is July 17
• June 22 — Jeffery Scott Klaiss, 36, of 1030 Mclamb Road, Newton Grove, was charged with assault with deadly weapon. Court date is July 21.
• June 22 — Marion Lacey Conner, 21, of 222 E. Williams St., Autryville, was charged possession of drug paraphernalia. No bond set; Court date is July 29.
Clarification — In the Sunday, June 21 edition of the The Sampson Independent, a Roseboro resident was misidentified in a report regarding multiple counts of felony forgery of instrument, 30 counts of felony forgery – using/uttering, 30 counts of felony fraud-obtaining money/property by false pretense and 30 counts of misdemeanor larceny. The correct name of the person charged was Micheal Allen Williams, 32, of Roseboro.
• Ronald Barber of Clinton reported larceny of a canine on Pope Road in Clinton. The dog was described as a 3-year-old male chocolate Lab valued at $1,000. The case is under investigation.
• Donald Eric Wettig of Garland reported a burglary-forcible entry in Garland at his residence. Items stolen included a saw zall, jig saw, chop saw and push mower. The items were valued at $825. The case is under investigation.
• James Mack Carroll of Clinton reported vandalism to his property, which occurred at his home on Parkview Road. White paint was poured in the victim’s vehicle. The value of the damage is $8,000.