Clinton teen linked to 2015 armed robbery


By Chris Berendt - [email protected]



Williams


A Clinton teenager has been arrested in connection with a robbery that allegedly took place back in 2015, according to reports from Sampson County Sheriff’s authorities.

Nicholas Monroe Williams, 19, of 97 Frank Lane, Clinton, was charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, a felony offense. Williams was served at the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office late last week. The warrant was issued Dec. 10, 2015.

According to Sheriff’s Capt. Eric Pope, Williams is accused of being the suspect in an armed robbery that occurred in close proximity to his residence on Dec. 7, 2015. Pope said the victim was getting a ride from Williams and another person when a gun was pulled on the victim. The vehicle was traveling on Frank Lane at the time, Pope noted.

A cell phone and an undisclosed sum of cash was reported stolen.

Pope said he was unsure whether it was Williams who was allegedly holding the gun at the time of the robbery, saying only that he was a suspect in the robbery. The prospect of additional arrests in the case was also not clear. Warrants were taken out on Williams just three days after the robbery and served more than a year later.

Williams was placed in the Sampson County Detention Center under $50,000 secured bond.

Williams
http://clintonnc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/web1_Williams-1.jpgWilliams

By Chris Berendt

[email protected]

Reach Managing Editor Chris Berendt at 910-249-4616. Follow the paper on twitter @SampsonInd and like us on Facebook.

Reach Managing Editor Chris Berendt at 910-249-4616. Follow the paper on twitter @SampsonInd and like us on Facebook.

comments powered by Disqus