(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 8 — Justin Nobles, 24, of 311 Madelin Lane, Autryville, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Sept. 2
• Sept. 8 — Soloman Hickmond, 29, of 519 Gibbs Road, Garland, was charged with driving while impaired and driving with a revoked license. Bond set at $2,000; court date is Oct. 19.
• Sept. 8 — Kenneth M. Smith, 24, of 160 Plum Lane, Clinton, was charged with resist, delay and obstruction; no operator’s license; and supplying fictitious information to an officer. Bond set at $500; court date is Nov. 14.
• Sept. 8 — Ira A. Moore, 23, of 135 Avon Lane, Newton Grove, was charged with larceny. Bond set at $500; court date Sept. 21.
• Sept. 8 — William T. Pope, 27, of 1630 Carter Town Road, Clinton, was charged with two counts of felony forgery. Bond set at $32,500; court date is Sept. 11.
• Sept. 8 — Michell S. Futrell, 42, of 779 Hobbton Highway, Clinton, was charged with one county of felony assault serious bodily injury. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 25.
• Sept. 8 — Nicholas R. Burgess, 24, of 96 Rosie Lane, Dunn, was charged with felony forgery of instrument; felony of uttering forged instrument; felony obtaining property by false pretense; and felony possession of stolen goods and property. Bond set at $14,000; court date is Sept. 11.
• Sept. 8 — Cedric J. Crowell, 22, of 785 Timothy Road, Dunn, was charged with fleeing/eluding arrest; reckless driving; operating an ATV on a roadway; driving left of center; and a stop violation. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Oct. 7.
• Sept. 8 — Lori S. Claussen of Godwin, was the victim of larceny, which occurred on Mount Elam Church Road, Roseboro. A motorized wheelchair, valued at $4,000, was stolen in the incident.
• Sept. 8 — Terrell Anders of Garland, was the victim in the theft of auto parts and accessories. Tires were taken off a car and a break-in on Boykin Bridge Road, Clinton, resulted in the larceny of a stove, microwave, three tires and rims and a car stereo with a CD player. Value of the stolen items and estimated damage totaled $1,400.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.