(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 16 —Matthew Justin Moore, 22, of 520 N. Ingold Ave., Garland, was charged with trespassing. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Oct. 1.
• Sept. 17 — Hope J. Tucker, 21, of 1975 Turkey Highway, Clinton, was charged with failure to comply. Bond set at $355; court date is Oct. 1.
• Sept. 17 — Deanna J. Sinclair, 33, of 123 Fox Trot Lane, Elizabethtown, was charged with having no operators license and providing fictitious information to an officer. Bond set at $2,500; trial date Oct. 8.
• Sept. 17 — Barbara A. Ditmore, 61, of 1248 Deb Road, Roseboro, was charged with one count of felony criminal use of counterfeit trademark and one count of failure to disclose origin recording. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept. 25.
• Sept. 17 — Justin R. Jackson, 34, of 1546 Alex Benton Road, Newton Grove, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, injury to personal property and second degree trespassing. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 30.
• Sept. 17 — Larry D. Herring, 47, was charged with aggravated assault and larceny. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Oct. 1
• Sept. 16 — Robert Lamb Jr. of Clinton reported a chainsaw and lawnmower taken from a storage building. The items were valued at $520.
• Sept. 16 — Sherita McNeil of Roseboro reported a Buick Rendezvous sustained significant burn damage, estimated at $4,000.
• Sept. 16 — Kenyatta and Kimberly Mccalop of Clinton reported numerous items stolen from their home, including various electronics including three TVs and laptops, a desktop computer and two gaming systems, as well as assorted jewelry and other items. Total value was over $10,000. Damage to two windows was estimated at $400.
• Sept. 17 — Mary O. Bethea of Roseboro was the victim of burglary-forcible entry on Old Mintz Highway. Items stolen included a television, fire proof safe, money, a .22-caliber rifle and .22 caliber rounds. The value of the property is $2,030.
• Sept. 17 — Owen T. McNeil of Rose Hill reported arson on property located on Clear Run School Road, Harrells. The damage is estimated at $65,000 and the incident is under investigation.
• Sept. 17 —
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.