(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Janita S. Beard, 22, of 210 Tarheel Drive, Clinton, was charged with simple possession of schedule IV drugs, marijuana less than one gram. Bond set at $500; court date is Oct. 19.
• Joseph D. Beard, 25, of 210 Tarheel Drive, Clinton, was charged with injury to personal property. Bond set at $500; court date is Oct. 2.
• David K. Lucas, 41, of 2820 N. Spring Branch Road, Dunn, was charged with trespassing on posted property. No bond set; court date is Dec. 14.
• Jimmy E. Lee, Zachery B. Lee and Christina A. Peterson of Dunn was the victim of criminal damage to property, which occurred on Harnett-Dunn Highway, Dunn. According to the report, the driver side mirror and driver door of vehicles were damaged. The damage was estimated at $900.
• Thomas E. Walton of Roseboro was the victim of burglary-forcible entry which occurred at his home on Bulldog Lane. The stolen items included a several weapons, tackle boxes fishing gear and three boxes full of jewelry. The value of the property is $17,125.
• David C. Johnson of Clinton was the victim of burglary-forcible entry which occurred on Faison Highway, Faison. Items included many weapons, shotgun shells and silver utensils. The value of the property is more than $4,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.