Another record-breaking check


A historic presentation to the City Council was made Tuesday by the Clinton Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) board, whose skyrocketing sales in 2014-15 translated into local donations totaling $176,800 for the City of Clinton. ‘That’s a record,’ said Mayor Lew Starling as he accepted the check from ABC chairwoman Shurley McCullen and ABC Board member Perry Solice. Dempsey Craig was not present. ‘We have the best chairman in the United States of America,’ said Starling. ‘I have the best board,’ said McCullen, who credited board members and ABC employees, including store general manager Barbara Bailey, with the success and the large donation. ‘We’re glad we can do it.’ Every October, the city receives supplemental income from the sale of spirits to assist government operations, with an annual donation from the ABC Board reflecting sales proceeds from the local store on Southeast Boulevard for the previous year. Along with the donation to the city, the Clinton Police Department received a check for $10,110, presented to Clinton Police Chief Jay Tilley. In all, the city receives 80 percent of the store’s profits. The Clinton City Board of Education also benefits, receiving the remaining 20 percent. The donation to the city trumped the previous record-high donation of $154,400 just last year.


A historic presentation to the City Council was made Tuesday by the Clinton Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) board, whose skyrocketing sales in 2014-15 translated into local donations totaling $176,800 for the City of Clinton. ‘That’s a record,’ said Mayor Lew Starling as he accepted the check from ABC chairwoman Shurley McCullen and ABC Board member Perry Solice. Dempsey Craig was not present. ‘We have the best chairman in the United States of America,’ said Starling. ‘I have the best board,’ said McCullen, who credited board members and ABC employees, including store general manager Barbara Bailey, with the success and the large donation. ‘We’re glad we can do it.’ Every October, the city receives supplemental income from the sale of spirits to assist government operations, with an annual donation from the ABC Board reflecting sales proceeds from the local store on Southeast Boulevard for the previous year. Along with the donation to the city, the Clinton Police Department received a check for $10,110, presented to Clinton Police Chief Jay Tilley. In all, the city receives 80 percent of the store’s profits. The Clinton City Board of Education also benefits, receiving the remaining 20 percent. The donation to the city trumped the previous record-high donation of $154,400 just last year.

A historic presentation to the City Council was made Tuesday by the Clinton Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) board, whose skyrocketing sales in 2014-15 translated into local donations totaling $176,800 for the City of Clinton. ‘That’s a record,’ said Mayor Lew Starling as he accepted the check from ABC chairwoman Shurley McCullen and ABC Board member Perry Solice. Dempsey Craig was not present. ‘We have the best chairman in the United States of America,’ said Starling. ‘I have the best board,’ said McCullen, who credited board members and ABC employees, including store general manager Barbara Bailey, with the success and the large donation. ‘We’re glad we can do it.’ Every October, the city receives supplemental income from the sale of spirits to assist government operations, with an annual donation from the ABC Board reflecting sales proceeds from the local store on Southeast Boulevard for the previous year. Along with the donation to the city, the Clinton Police Department received a check for $10,110, presented to Clinton Police Chief Jay Tilley. In all, the city receives 80 percent of the store’s profits. The Clinton City Board of Education also benefits, receiving the remaining 20 percent. The donation to the city trumped the previous record-high donation of $154,400 just last year.
http://clintonnc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/web1_ABC-donation.jpgA historic presentation to the City Council was made Tuesday by the Clinton Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) board, whose skyrocketing sales in 2014-15 translated into local donations totaling $176,800 for the City of Clinton. ‘That’s a record,’ said Mayor Lew Starling as he accepted the check from ABC chairwoman Shurley McCullen and ABC Board member Perry Solice. Dempsey Craig was not present. ‘We have the best chairman in the United States of America,’ said Starling. ‘I have the best board,’ said McCullen, who credited board members and ABC employees, including store general manager Barbara Bailey, with the success and the large donation. ‘We’re glad we can do it.’ Every October, the city receives supplemental income from the sale of spirits to assist government operations, with an annual donation from the ABC Board reflecting sales proceeds from the local store on Southeast Boulevard for the previous year. Along with the donation to the city, the Clinton Police Department received a check for $10,110, presented to Clinton Police Chief Jay Tilley. In all, the city receives 80 percent of the store’s profits. The Clinton City Board of Education also benefits, receiving the remaining 20 percent. The donation to the city trumped the previous record-high donation of $154,400 just last year.
comments powered by Disqus