MOUNT OLIVE – The University of Mount Olive has received $75,000 from The Cannon Foundation to be used for continued modernization of Grantham Hall, the men’s residence hall first occupied in 1970.
Jimmy Williams, vice president for Institutional Advancement at the University, stated, “The Cannon Foundation has for many years been a strong supporter of the University of Mount Olive. We are grateful for their continued support and their contribution that will help to enhance the lives of our students.”
The Cannon Foundation was established in 1943 by the late Charles A. Cannon, President and Chairman of Cannon Mills Company for more than 50 years. Mr. Cannon demonstrated his unwavering commitment to the State of North Carolina through his philanthropy.
The University of Mount Olive is a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The University, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Research Triangle Park, Washington, Jacksonville, and in Smithfield at Johnston Community College. For more information, visit www.umo.edu.