The 2015 Sampson Swine Show was held in early October and featured several exhibitors in different age categories.
Hosted by the Sampson County Cooperative Extension at the Sampson County Livestock Facility, the show was open to youth in the state and part of the regional circuit. Some of the participants came from Sampson, Wayne, Wilson and Pasquotank counties. During contests, exhibitors earn points for their participation in the shows.
For a few years, the show was absent because of a disease outbreak of Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus, which affected swine on a lot of farms.
• Novice Champion — Gideon Linton (Wayne County)
• Novice Reserve Champion — Gage Harris (Pasquotank County)
• Junior Champion — Isaac Linton (Wayne County)
• Junior Reserve Champion — Camryn Lawrence (Pasquotank County)
• Senior Champion — Sam Brake (Wilson County)
• Senior Reserve Champion — Alec Linton (Wayne County)
Grand Champion Market Hog
• Taylor Glover (Wayne County)
Reserve Champion Market Hog
• Chasen Matthis (Sampson County)
Reach Chase Jordan at 910-249-4617. Follow us on Twitter at @SampsonInd and like us on Facebook.