(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 12 — Marcus Larin Pisciotta, 43, of 14516 Hobbton Hwy., Newton Grove, was charged with resisting public officer. Bond was set at $1,500; court date is June 8.
• May 12 — Hope Jaton Tucker, 21, of 1975 Turkey Hwy., Clinton, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and failure to appear on charges of shoplifting/concealment of goods, driving while license revoked and expired registration. Bond was set at $2,500; court date is May 14.
• May 12 — Cleon Pope of Clinton reported theft of items from his garage, with tools and equipment stolen. Items were valued at $810.
• May 12 — Bruce Futrell of Magnolia reported tires, rims, auto parts and antiques taken from a Clinton property. The items were valued at $4,400.
• May 12 — Rebecca Holmes of Dunn reported larceny of medicine, money and a 42-inch TV, valued at $500.
• May 12 — Starling Farms of Autryville was victim of theft. Several batteries removed from tractors and a weed eater were valued at $1,870.
• May 12 — Annie Marshall of Clinton reported a residential break-in and theft of a 52-inch TV, valued at $1,400.