(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Jan. 27 — William Washington French, 49, of 1836 Harnett Dunn Hwy., Newton Grove, was charged with violation of a domestic violence protective order. No bond set; court date is Feb. 24.
• Jan. 27 — Carl Emerson King, 72, of 1245 Rowan Road, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Feb. 24.
• Jan. 27 — Tammy Jo Reach, 49, of 205 Martha Lane, Apt. 4, Clinton, was charged with larceny-shoplifting. Bond set at $2,300; court date is Feb. 3.
• Jan. 27 — Rachel Nicole Harris, 28, of 205 Martha Lane, Apt. 11, Clinton, was charged with larceny-shoplifting and served two orders for arrest. Bond set at $4,000; court date is Feb. 3.
• Jan. 27 — Christopher Faircloth of Clinton reported a tool set and impact driver drill, valued at $340, stolen from his vehicle.
• Jan. 27 — Linwood Branch of Dunn reported a building broken into, with a cordless drill and bits, as well as a weed-eater and other tools taken. Items valued at $550.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.