(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Jan. 29 — Donyeah Wiggins, 24, of 709 Sampson Homes, Clinton, was charged with breaking and entering, larceny and possessing/concealing stolen goods. Bond set at $10,000; court date is Feb. 29.
• Jan. 29 — Pui Bennett, 40, of 875 Wynn Road, Clinton, was charged with simple assault. Written promise; court date is Feb. 12.
• Jan. 29 — David Brent Lewis, 34, of 187 Kattie Tart Lane, Dunn, was charged with hit and run leaving the scene- property damage, exceeding a safe speed and fictitious title/registration card/tag. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Feb. 22.
• Jan. 29 — Robert Dwight McLaurin, 59, of 64 Vada W. Lane, Clinton, was charged with resisting public officer. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Feb. 9.
• Jan. 30 — Thomas Earl Mitchum, 39, of 3010 Bass Lake Road, Clinton, was charged on out-of-county warrants with harassing phone call and protective order violation. No bond set; court date is Feb. 25.
• Jan. 30 — Michael Angelo Cromartie, 48, of 1202 Gibbs Road, Garland, was charged with driving while impaired, displaying expired registration plate, resisting public officer and driving while license revoked. Bond set at $2,000; court date is March 16.
• Jan. 31 — Henry Lee Harris, 63, of 3155 New Hope Church Road, Turkey, was charged with driving while impaired, reckless driving to endanger, driving while license revoked and left of center. Bond set at $2,000; court date is Feb. 15.
• Jan. 31 — Marlon Jermaine Butler, 40, of 35 Emerald Lane, Salemburg, was charged with fraud-worthless check. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Feb. 16.
• Jan. 31 — Heather Nichole Royal, 28, of 126 Rawhide Road, Newton Grove, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Feb. 23.
• Jan. 31 — Richard Thomas Lee, 31, of 33 Easter Lily Lane, Clinton, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Feb. 9.
• Jan. 29 — Kristy Rich of Clinton reported the theft of jewelry and prescription medication, valued at over $700. An undisclosed sum of cash was also stolen.
• Jan. 29 — Gerardo Barrera-Vasquez of Clinton reported a break-in, with a TV, an Xbox One and accessories and a iPhone. Items valued at $2,200.
• Jan. 30 — James Bass of Dunn reported a 17-foot car trailer, valued at $4,000, taken from Clinton.
• Jan. 31 — Delway Trading Co. reported glass on the front of the business broken. Damage to two glass windows, was estimated at $1,200.
• Jan. 31 — Roseboro Collision Center reported the theft of an air compressor, valued at $1,200. Damage to a wooden box was estimated at $400.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.