(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• April 27 — Vanessa Star Royal, 32, of 4170 Hayne Stretch Road, Roseboro, was charged with resisting public officer. Bond set at $1,500; court date is May 18.
• April 27 — Oliver Terrell Owens, 37, of 2425 Reedsford Road, Clinton, was charged on out-of-county warrants with breaking and entering, simple physical assault, fraud-unauthorized use of conveyance and injury to personal property. Bond set at $1,000; court date is May 25.
• April 27 — Anthony Adam Wrench, 27, of 338 Green Path Road, Godwin, was charged with injury to trees/crops/lands. Written promise; court date is May 26.
• April 27 — Russell Lashawn Skinner, 36, of 408 Byrd St., Apt. B, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female and fraud-worthless check. No bond set; court date is May 24.
• April 27 — Ray Williams of Roseboro reported a shooting into the residence, with damage to three windows and a wood siding. Items valued at $1,500.
• April 27 — Michael Strickland of Roseboro reported a firearm, valued at $350, stolen from residence.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.