(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 4 — Samantha Lea Kearns, 25, of 698 Carroll Store Road, Autryville, was charged with assault and battery. No bond set; court date is May 18.
• May 4 — Jatyah Pulley, 18, of 304 E. Pearsall St., Dunn, was charged with larceny-shoplifting. Bond set at $1,000; court date is June 8.
• May 4 — Kimberly Lameka Taylor, 19, of 3042 Morgans Mill Court, Raleigh, was charged with larceny-shoplifting. Bond set at $1,000; court date is June 8.
• May 4 — Claude Douglas Faircloth, 71, of 110 Don St., Clinton, was charged with simple physical assault. Written promise; court date is May 25.
• May 4 — Dale Melvin, 61, of 521 Gold St., Roseboro, was charged with communicating threats. Written promise; court date is May 10.
• May 4 — Edward Mcfadgen, 64, of 433 Britt Road, Four Oaks, was charged with fictitious information to officer and no operator’s license. Bond set at $2,000; court date is June 6.
• May 4 — Steven Owenes, 29, of 207 Brantwood Court, Roseboro, was charged with driving while impaired, speeding 87 mph in 55 mph zone, failure to appear on citation and driving while license revoked for impaired offense. Bond set at $4,000; court date is May 16.
• May 4 — Genia Tew of Clinton reported a dirt bike, valued at $1,500, and a 9mm semi-automatic handgun, valued at $450, stolen. Damage to a 4-wheeler tire was estimated at $80.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.