(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 17 — Malik Alexander Williams, 16, of 8757 Garland Hwy., Garland, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $1,000; court date is June 14.
• May 17 — Jose Luis Rodriqez-Galvan, 26, of 156 Forest Hills Lane, Clinton, was charged with simple assault and cyberstalking. Bond set at $1,000; court date is June 21.
• May 17 — William Andrew McPhail, 30, of 366 Carroll Store Road, Autryville, was charged with threatening phone call. Written promise; court date is June 7.
• May 17 — Samuel and Pearline Goodman of Newton Grove reported a .38-caliber firearm, valued at $800, stolen from their residence.
• May 17 — Juan Arellano of Clinton reported a storage building damaged due to alleged arson. The Faison-area structure was valued at $500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.