NEWTON GROVE — Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with a break-in at McDonald’s on Harnett-Dunn Highway, with more arrests expected in the near future.
On Saturday, Sampson County Sheriff’s investigators were contacted by Newton Grove Police Department to assist them with an investigation into a breaking and entering at the McDonald’s.
“With the help of video footage obtained from the business, our investigators were able to identify the suspects involved and obtain warrants for their arrest,” Sheriff’s Lt. Marcus Smith said Wednesday.
Gregory Scott Allen Jacobs Thomas, 16, of 1430 Kenan Weeks Road, Newton Grove, and Daniel Cuevas, 16, whose address was listed only as being on Hobbton Highway, Newton Grove, were each charged with breaking and entering, larceny, safe cracking and possession of stolen property as a result. Despite the larceny charges, Smith said nothing was taken.
Bond for each of the teens was set at $10,000 secured. The two were taken into custody on Tuesday.
“This is an ongoing investigation and more arrests are expected,” Smith said.
In a separate break-in incident, a Roseboro man was taken into custody Tuesday on felony charges in connection with an incident at Nationwide in Roseboro.
Upon deputies’ arrival to the business, they discovered forcible entry had been made and began their investigation, which reportedly yielded enough to bring charges against a 28-year-old town resident, however little information was released about the ongoing probe.
Nikolas Allen Cash, 28, of 701 N. East St., Roseboro, was charged with breaking and entering, larceny and possession of stolen property. He was served at the Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday and placed under $5,000 secured bond for the charges.
“This investigation is still ongoing and no further information is available at this time,” Smith stated.
Reach Managing Editor Chris Berendt at 910-249-4616. Follow the paper on twitter @SampsonInd and like us on Facebook.