(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 25 — Sarah Denise Ortiz, 54, of 1526 Bass Lake Road, Roseboro, was charged with shoplifting. Bond set at $500; court date is June 17.
• May 25 — David McLamb of Clinton reported the theft of a Nissan Rogue, valued at $18,000.
• May 25 — Virgilio Acosta of Durham reported the theft of a vehicle scammer and radio, valued at $1,100.
• May 25 — Geneane Marshall of Roseboro reported a utility trailer, valued at $1,000, stolen from the yard.
• May 25 — James Westbrook and Douglas Hudgins of Clinton were victims of theft, in which two chainsaws, a framing gun, tool kit, trim gun and various tools, drill bits and socket sets were stolen. The value of the items was $1,430.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.