(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• June 30 — Melinda Ellen McCullen, 38, of 65 Holiday Lane, Newton Grove, was charged with simple assault and resisting a public officer. Bond set at $750; court date is July 19.
• June 30 — Kendall Jordan McCullen, 21, of 2116 Appleridge Drive, Linden, N.J., was charged with assault on a female. Bond set at $500; court date is July 19.
• June 30 — Charles Coxum, 28, of 64 Ashlyn Ave., Clinton, was charged with injury to personal property. Bond set at $300; court date is Aug. 3.
• June 30 — Justin Daniel Vernon, 24, of 408 E. Powell St., Clinton, was charged with assault on a female, two counts of damage to personal property and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is July 26.
• June 30 — Hubert Williams Jr. of Clinton reported a van, valued at $3,000, stolen.
• June 30 — Randy Martin of Godwin was the victims in a larceny from a vehicle. Two pairs of sunglasses, a watch, gym bag and U.S. military uniform and boots were reported stolen, Items were valued at $640.
• June 30 — Tiffany Koogler of Godwin reported items taken from her vehicle. A pair of sunglasses, a flashlight, tools and other accessories were valued at $415.
• June 30 — Rosie Coughlin of Clinton reported items taken from her barn and residence, including two TVs, a laptop computer, cash, medications and a propane heater. Items were valued at $4,335.
• June 30 — Marcus Merritt of Clinton reported the theft of two watches and a TV from his home. Items were valued at $610.
• June 30 — Marvin Boykin of Clinton reported an air conditioner, valued at $680, taken from his window.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.