(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 1 — Joshua Carl Westbrook, 28, of 1222 Harmon St., Clinton, was charged with breaking and entering into a motor vehicle. Bond set at $500; court date is Sept. 27.
• Sept. 2 — Carlos Garcia, 50, of 221 Patterson Lane, Salemburg, was charged with misdemeanor larceny. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Sept. 9.
• Sept. 2 — Brandon Lee Conner, 25, of 1768 Honrine Road, Clinton, was charged with assault inflicting serious bodily injury and assault by strangulation. No bond set; court date is Sept. 9.
• Sept. 3 — Charles Faulkner, 31, of 530 Kitty Fork Road, Clinton, was charged with breaking and entering and damage to property. Bond set at $5,500; court date is Sept. 9.
• Sept. 3 — Roxanne Nancy Arnold, 24, of 2487 Hobbton Hwy., Clinton, was charged with breaking and entering. Bond set at $20,000; court date is Sept. 9.
• Sept. 2 — Sandra Tanner of Roseboro reported the theft of a gas stove and medications from her home. The items were valued at $1,200. Damage to a washing machine was estimated at $300.
• Sept. 2 — Richard Gall of Cary reported the theft of a Appaloosa horse, valued at $1,000.
• Sept. 3 — Amber Stewart of Clinton reported damage to a tanning bed after someone entered her home through a window. The damage was estimated at $3,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.