(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 16 — Michelle Avery Murphy, 48, of 304 Pineview Road, Clinton, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Oct. 10.
• Sept. 16 — Dennis Wayne Murphy, 53, of 304 Pineview Road, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Oct. 10.
• Sept. 14 — Lewis Capps of Clinton reported a break-in and theft of an electric wheelchair, valued at $2,000. A door frame sustained an estimated $500 in damage.
• Sept. 14 — Beverly and Shayquan Williams of Clinton reported a break-in and theft of money, personal information and financial cards, valued at $320. Damage to a wooden door and a bathroom door handle was estimated at $600.
• Sept. 15 — Central Carolina Seeding of Winston-Salem reported a lime spreading machine, valued at $7,000, stolen from a site in the Roseboro area.
• Sept. 15 — Curtis McLamb of Dunn reported a residential break-in and theft of numerous items. Two TVs, assorted jewelry, a firearm and ammunition and medications were stolen. Items were valued at $1,160.
• Sept. 15 — Robert Dabbs of Garland reported five revolvers, valued at $2,700, and coins, valued at $50, taken from the trunk of his vehicle.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.