(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 20 — Sean Patrick Champney, 30, of 205 Neuchatel Court, New Bern, was charged with breaking and entering, larceny, possessing/concealing stolen property and simple assault. Bond set at $16,000; court date is Oct. 17.
• Sept. 19 — Katherine Grimes of Faison reported the theft of a 2001 golf cart, valued at $1,500.
• Sept. 19 — Madelin Arriaga of Godwin reported items removed from her residence, including a TV, iPad, another tablet, refrigerator, blender and microwave. Items valued at $1,733.
• Sept. 20 — McDonald’s of Newton Grove reported the back glass door broken into with a cinder block. Damage estimated at $700.
• Sept. 20 — Pamela Smith of Turkey reported a residential break-in, with a rifle and camera equipment, valued at a total of $555, taken. A brick was seized.
• Sept. 20 — Genelenior Fan of Roseboro reported the larceny of a hot water heater and stove, valued a total of $1,100.
• Sept. 20 — Cross Matthews of Clinton reported damage to a Toyota Tacoma, estimated at $4,500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.