(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Feb. 22 — Alfonso Berrun Lopez Sr., 50, of 307 Mary Marsh Lane, Newton Grove, was charged with assault on a female and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is March 21.
• Feb. 22 — Jacob Andrew Halstead, 22, of 578 Mt, Carmel Church Road, Autryville, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,500; court date is March 23.
• Feb. 22 — Jose Leon-Gomez Diaz, 38, of 219 Wilson St., Magnolia, was charged oni out-of-county warrant with larceny, fraud-obtaining property by false pretense and possessing/concealing stolen property. Bond set at $5,000; court date is March 15.
• Feb. 22 —Jamie Lee Hood, 33, of 852 Sampson Acres Drive, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is March 21.
• Feb. 22 — Butler Funeral Home in Roseboro was the victim of damage to property. Eight windows were busted by rocks. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.