(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Feb. 27 — Ronald Alfonza Moore, 21, of 419 McKoy St., Clinton, was charged with simple possession of marijuana. No bond set; no court date listed.
• Feb. 27 — James Dewayne Burgess, 56, of 298 Gurleys Mill Road, Princeton, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. Bond set at $10,000; court date is March 10.
• Feb. 27 — Bradley Edward Wagner, 32, of 1364 Glover Road, Dunn, was charged with communicating threats and assault by pointing a gun. Bond set at $1,500; court date is March 22.
• Feb. 27 — Timothy Lamont Leak, 33, of 141 Merry Oaks Lane, Turkey, was charged on out-of-county warrants with possession of marijuana up to half an ounce, manufacturing marijuana, selling marijuana, delivering marijuana, possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, conspiring to sell and deliver marijuana and possession of marijuana paraphernalia. Bond set at $7,500; court date is March 20.
• Feb. 27 — Sampson County Parks and Recreation was the victim of vandalism. A baseball field located off West Clinton Street Roseboro was damaged by a vehicle. Damage estimated at $700.
• Feb. 27 — Edward Townsend reported the theft of a trailer, three ladders, scaffolds and related equipment and other materials. Items valued at $6,580.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.