(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 20 — Denise S. Burton, 26, of 288 Delway Highway, Rose Hill, was charged with driving while license revoked, expired registration, child restraint and speeding. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 10.
• July 20 — Chester A. Cain, 59, of 88 Triple H Lane, Garland, was charged with fraud – worthless checks. Bond set at $1,500; court date is July 30.
• July 20 — Daren L. Hall, 48, of 2365 Herring Road, Rose Hill, was charged with assault on a female. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 17.
• July 20 — Taylor L. Calcutt, 19, of 150 Hickory Green Lane, Dunn was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is Aug. 18.
• July 20 — Mark Rossi of Harrells made a call for service for an incident which occurred at a medical facility. According to the report, a subject broke a window and injured himself.
• July 20 — Gene A. Walker on Dunn was the victim of identify theft, which occurred at his home on Green Path Road. According to reports, the crimes included fraud – obtaining money/property by false pretenses. The case is under investigation.
• July 20 — Annette Lockwood of Roseboro, was the victim of larceny which occurred at his home on Kelsey Court, Roseboro. The property stolen included two 6000 BTU/window air units. The value was $600.
• July 20 — Austin Bennett of Clinton found a wallet on the east bound shoulder of Turkey Highway near Moltonville Road. According to reports, some of the items inside include credit and debit cards.
• July 20 — The Sampson County Sheriff’s Office responded to a missing persons case involving Carlson A. Faircloth. According to reports, the incident occurred when someone left a residence on Ira B. Tart Road, Dunn, and failed to return. The case is under investigation.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.