(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 31 — Brenda Baker Tatum, 65, of 1122 Phillips St., Clinton, was charged with two counts of larceny-shoplifting. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Aug. 17.
• July 31 — Shaytorian Lenek Bryant, 24, of 362 Delway Hwy., Rose Hill, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Aug. 31.
• July 31 — Terrance Lashaun Simmons, 22, of 235 Clive Jacobs Road, Clinton, was charged with possession of marijuana less than half ounce and failure to comply. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Aug. 25.
• Aug. 1 — Eulias Wallace, 45, of 4987 Plain View Hwy., Dunn, was charged with trespassing. Written promise; court date is Aug. 25.
• Aug. 2 —Jennifer Ann Merritt, 33, of 3250 Waycross Road, Magnolia, was charged on out-of-county warrant with possession/distributing methamphetamine precursor. Bond set at $4,500; court date is Aug. 20.
• Aug. 2 — Douschka McCallop, 31, of 137 Smiling Lane, Clinton, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, simple physical assault and criminal damage to property (vandalism). Bond set at $3,500; court date is Aug. 31.
• Aug. 2 — Erwin James Boykin, 33, of 2760 White Woods Road, Salemburg, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, assault by pointing a gun, communicating threats and second degree trespassing. Bond set at $3,500; court date is Aug. 11.
• Aug. 2 — Nicholas Andres Marcos, 42, of 240 Old U.S. 701 Hwy., Clinton, was charged with assault on a female and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Aug. 25.
• July 31 — William Tindall of Roseboro reported theft from his home, with assorted change and several firearms and ammunition stolen. The items were valued at $2,180.
• Aug. 1 — Sherry Blackburn of Clinton reported a 9mm handgun and case stolen. Items valued at $600.
• Aug. 1 — Tim Runfola reported the theft of a 65-inch LCD TV, a 17-inch laptop, assorted change and an engraved buck knife from a Salemburg residence. Items valued at $2,150.
• Aug. 1 — Winfred Ashford of Clinton reported a residential break-in, with a Ruger 9mm and ammunition stolen, as well as a window air conditioning unit and floor jack. Items valued at $350.
• Aug. 1 — Siconna Davis of Clinton reported the larceny of a 42-inch TV and Xbox 360, valued at $400 total.
• Aug. 2 — Molly McFarland of Roseboro reported a keyboard, valued at $1,500, stolen from a storage building.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.