(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 8 — Melissa Mitchum, 27, of 71 Retirement Lane, Salemburg, was charged with vandalism and resisting arrest. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Aug. 26.
• Aug. 8 — Tiffany Brown, 26, of 132 Jeff Anders Lane, Harrells, was charged with trespassing. No bond set; court date is Aug. 31
• Aug. 8 — Demetria A. Chestnutt, 38, of 306 BJ Lane, Clinton, was charged with failure to return rental property. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 25.
• Aug. 8 — Billy J. Dunn, 33, of 166 Smith Key Lane, Faison, was charged with vandalism. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept.1.
• Aug. 9 — Austin L. Haney, 24, of 967 Beaver Road, Clinton, was charged with unauthorized use of motor vehicle. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Sept. 1.
• Aug. 9 — Nelson W. McLamb, 53, of 2325 Goldsboro Highway, Newton Grove, was charged domestic assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Sept. 1.
• Aug. 9 — Gladys Martinez, 51, of 607 Mount Olive Drive, Newton Grove, was charged conspiracy. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Aug. 27.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.