(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• March 15 — Robert Arnold Raynor, 48, of 306 Ridgeway St., Clinton, was charged with misdemeanor larceny. Bond set at $500; court date is April 5.
• March 16 — Spring Monay Stuart, 28, of 10190 Minnie Hall Road, Salemburg, was charged with forgery of instrument, uttering forged instrument and obtaining property by false pretense. Bond set at $5,000; court date is April 8.
• March 16 — Thomas Earl Wilson, 50, of 505 Stetson St., Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,000; court date is April 11.
• March 16 — Charles Faulkner, 31, of 107 Felix St., Clinton, was charged with three counts of forgery of instrument, forgery-using/uttering and three counts of obtaining money/property by false pretense. Bond set at $10,000; court date is April 8.
• March 16 — Tommy Keith Smith, 44, of 3830 Bass Lake Road, Clinton, was charged with two counts of fraud-worthless check. Written promise; court date is April 12.
• March 16 — Wilson Beard Jr., 29, of 8789 Harnett-Dunn Hwy., Dunn, was charged with communicating threats and first-degree trespassing. Bond set at $5,000; court date is April 14.
• March 16 — Anthony Garth Brewington, 34, of 4986 Bearskin Road, Clinton, was charged on out-of-county warrants with communicating threats, domestic violence protective order violation and non-support/non-payment of alimony. Bond set at $5,844; court date is April 5.
• March 16 — Douglas Cooper of Salemburg reported the theft of two firearms, valued at $1,263, from his vehicle.
• March 16 — Justin Spell of Clinton reported a residential break-in, with an LG TV and Samsung tablet, valued at $800, stolen. Damage to a door frame was estimated at $50.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.