(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• March 17 — Michael Jerome Hemingway Jr., 21, of 184 Tarheel Drive, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. Bond set at $500; court date is April 13.
• March 17 — Jennifer Eileen Torres, 31, of 12862 Dunn Road, Godwin, was charged with felony larceny and possession of stolen goods/property. Bond set at $5,000; court date is April 8.
• March 17 — Megan Elizabeth Davilacruz, 26, of 1280 Parkersburg Road, Garland, was charged with five counts of simple worthless check. Bond set at $2,500; court date is April 12.
• March 17 — Micah Nathaniel Williams, 57, of 217 Moore St., Clinton, was charged with four counts of simple worthless check. Bond set at $1,500; court date is April 12.
• March 17 — William Williams of Newton Grove reported theft of several items from his home, including a TV, assorted clothing, shoes and accessories, a DVD player and assorted medications. Items were valued at $740.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.