(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• March 18 — James Preston Peterson, 40, of 54 Hunters Haven Lane, Garland, was charged with assault on a female and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is April 18.
• March 18 — Jody Dustin Kennedy, 32, of 1500 N. Spring Branch Road, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrants with three counts of obtaining property by false pretense. Bond set at $10,000; court date is March 28.
• March 18 — John William Royal, 32, of 1090 Odum Road, Clinton, was charged with felony larceny, misdemeanor larceny and failure to appear on court violations and larceny. Bond set at $5,000; court date is April 7.
• March 19 — Theron H. Johnson, 36, of 85 Crystal Lane, Autryville, was charged with injury to real property and failing to extinguish fire. Written promise; court date is April 18.
• March 19 — Tashiana Morrisey, 26, of 106 De St., Clinton, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Written promise; court date is April 8.
• March 19 — Jessica Cordelia Corbett, 26, of 219-F Morrisey Blvd., Clinton, was charged with larceny. Bond set at $1,500; court date is April 27.
• March 20 — Gilberto Ibarra, 19, of 509 E. Clinton St., Roseboro, was charged with fleeing to elude arrest with a motor vehicle and driving while impaired. Bond set at $2,500; court date is April 11.
• March 20 — Gilberto Ernesto Abarca Tejada, 39, of 681 Kenan Weeks Road, Newton Grove, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,500; court date is April 21.
• March 18 — George Thompson of Clinton reported a brick thrown through his window, with a 55-inch LED TV, valued at $1,500, stolen. Aaron’s was listed as the victim in the TV theft. Damage to an exterior door and storm window was estimated at $375.
• March 18 — Betty Young of Clinton reported all the windows in her house busted. Damage to eight windows was estimated at $950.
• March 18 — Sandra Willis of Clinton reported items taken from her yard, including a riding mower, grill, tool chest with assorted tools and a clear oval cut stone. In total, items were valued at $5,170.
• March 20 — Marlena Monroe of Roseboro reported a theft from her storage unit. Taken were a 6-string bass guitar, guitar amplifier and an electric scooter. Items were valued at $2,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.