(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• April 19 — Jorge Luis Rodriguez, 38, of 1543 Reedsford Road, Clinton, was charged with public assistance fraud and identity theft. Bond set at $5,000; court date is April 22.
• April 19 — Leo Alonzo Henry, 56, of 138 Waterhouse Circle, Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,000; court date is May 11.
• April 19 — Zykeria Oates, 16, of 45 Baby Rae Lane, Salemburg, was charged with simple assault. No bond listed; court date is May 24.
• April 19 — Jesus Edward Hernandez, 19, of 3430 Wrench Road, Godwin, was charged with simple physical assault. Bond set at $1,000; court date is May 24.
• April 19 — Danny Gay Shipp, 65, of 45 Andrews Road, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. Written promise; court date is May 6.
• April 19 — Boney Herra, 47, of 234 Odham Ave., Garland, was charged with simple non-physical assault and resisting a public officer. Bond set at $5,500; court date is April 29.
• April 19 — Daniel Parsons of Newton Grove reported a break-in and theft of two TVs and assorted clothes. Items were valued at $950.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.