With so many things to juggle in the fall, stress can rise as fast as the temperatures drop. Between managing the family’s busy schedule, getting back in the school routine and following your favorite sports, it can be hard to find time to relax. In order to help families simplify and organize their lives, here are 10 ways a smartphone can help reduce stress during this busy season.
It can be a little overwhelming trying to plan ahead and keep track of multiple schedules while constantly on-the-go, but a smartphone is a great tool to help you stay organized and it can also be a source of fun and stress relief when you need to take a moment for yourself.
Features and downloadable apps on smartphones such as the 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S® III™ can help keep your life in order:
• Stress Tracker — Stress management starts after stressors in your life can be identified. Featured on the Dr. Phil Show, this free app tracks, identifies causes, and provides tips to help relieve your daily stress.
• Relax Lite: Stress Relief — Sometimes the simplest way to reduce stress is to breathe. Relax Lite by SAAGARA is a free app with guided breathing exercises that use calming music to help promote relaxation and enhance focus, in just five minutes.
• Exercise Apps — Use your phone to keep you motivated to get the workouts that can take your mind off your worries. Workout Trainer is an app that features talking coaches and instructional photos and videos, making it easier to carve time for yourself to live a healthy lifestyle.
• Pandora — Listening to your favorite music is a great way to settle your mind. Pandora streams your top tunes right through your device. It will sound better than ever on the HTC One V with its integrated Beats Audio.
• U.S. Cellular Family Organizer — Manage the family calendar right from the palm of your hand. This free app helps you manage your family’s schedule with a centralized calendar and to-do lists that everyone can share on-the-go.
• Out of Milk — Trying to remember everything your family needs at the grocery store can be difficult, especially when you’re rushed. Out of Milk is a free app to keep track of what’s in your pantry, what you need to buy and how much a trip to the store will cost.
• Mint.com — Budgeting and managing money can be one of the most stressful endeavors. The Mint.com app has features such as an expense tracker, a budget planner and bill reminders, making it easy to track your finances in real time through the 4G LTE network, which delivers data up to 10 times faster than 3G.
• Take A Break — Give yourself some Internet time on your smartphone to read your favorite magazines, check social media sites to see what your friends and family are doing or watch a funny video on YouTube.
• Family Photos — Taking a moment to enjoy family photos can help ease your mind and put a smile on your face. Devices such as the 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S® III™, have cameras with advanced features that make taking, viewing and sharing great photos easy and fun.
• Call a Friend — Don’t forget the reason phones were invented in the first place, to reach out and call somebody.
As a wireless carrier that’s committed to better customer relationships, our associates recognize that having a device that fits your needs and helps you get things done is a stress reliever in itself. That’s why smartphone users who want help finding and downloading apps, such as the apps listed above, or have other questions about their device can attend a free U.S. Cellular Device Workshop. Associates guide attendees through all of the features and functions of their devices, and help them personalize their phones to enhance their lives. Attendees do not have to be U.S. Cellular customers. The next workshop for customers in Clinton is Saturday, Nov. 10, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., at U.S. Cellular’s retail location at 360 Northeast Blvd.
(Editor’s note: Devon Hailey is store manager of the U.S. Cellular office in Clinton.)