The Sampson Community Theater is proud to announce that our patrons have three more opportunities to see and hear a group of Nuns and a talented cast perform the final performances of “Nuncrackers: the Nunsense Christmas Musical” at 8 p.m. on Friday Nov. 9, and Saturday, Nov. 10, and at 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11.
Do not attend either of these shows if you do not want to laugh, because from beginning to end there are numerous lines and situations that will have you laughing in spite of yourself. But don’t take my word for it. Ask anyone who has seen it or attend one or more of the remaining shows and you will find I tell the truth. You may even find yourself humming some of the tunes such as “All I Want For Christmas.”
Don’t forget to buy a raffle ticket for Sister Mary Annette (a Nun hand puppet) as she will go home with a lucky winner Sunday, although you will not have to be present to win her. Be with us this weekend as we kick off the Christmas season with a delightful musical comedy that will leave a big smile on your face.
Dan Holland and his large cast are in limited rehearsals for the Charles Dickens classic “A Christmas Carol” which premieres in late November and early December. This show is being proudly sponsored by Matthews Drugs and Jordan Shopping Center and we expect sellouts for each performance.
“Hairspray” has received a Grassroots Grant through the Sampson Arts Council and has a commercial sponsor in Kosterman Chiropractic Clinic. This show will be holding auditions on Saturday, Nov. 24, at 10 a.m. and is being directed by Angela Martin.
The granite blocks under the theater’s marquee may be purchased as an honorarium, a memorial or to advertise your business. The blocks are cemented into the sidewalk and should be there into the next century or more. Contact us by calling 592-8653 and leave us a message for more information.
The Sampson Community Theater is on Facebook and you may read about some of our ongoing activities by going to the site.
• “Nuncrackers” Directed by Sandra Clifton. Final performances Nov. 9, 10, 11. A patron sponsor event..
• A Christmas Carol” directed by Dan Holland. Performances Nov. 30, Dec. 1, 2 and 7, 8, 9. Sponsored by Matthews Drugs and Jordan Shopping Center. A patron sponsor event.
• “Hairspray” directed by Angela Martin. Auditions Saturday, Nov. 24, at 10 a.m. Sponsored by Kosterman Chiropractic Clinic and a Grassroots Grant from the Sampson Arts Council. Performances Feb. 1-3 and 8-10, 2013. A patron sponsor event.
2013 Season (assuming we can obtain rights)
Crimes of the Heart
SCT Children’s Theater Workshop
The Wizard of Oz
Lost on the Fourth of July
It’s a Wonderful Life
THOUGHTS UNTIL NEXT WEEK
• When a man finds no peace within himself, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.
• The person who does not read good books has no advantage over the person who cannot read them.
• The more things are forbidden, the more popular they become.