A 19-year-old Clinton man told Clinton Police investigators that he was the victim of an armed robbery and kidnapping after walking back to his home late last week.
The man, who was shaken, but uninjured in the incident, said he was walking to his house after getting dinner at a local restaurant around 9:30 p.m. Friday evening when an unknown man came up behind him and pointed a gun in his back.
According to reports released Monday morning, the man told investigators within minutes of having the gun pressed to his back as he walked near N.C. Hwy. 403, a car pulled up and he was forced inside. Once in the vehicle, the suspect then put a band around the victim’s eyes and took his wallet, taking out a debit card, cash and a cell phone.
Minutes later, the suspects were at the man’s ATM, where they demanded his PIN number, which he provided. The suspects, reports note, withdrew $120.
Once the suspects took the money out of the ATM, the victim said he was dropped him off at Sir Clinton Apartments.
Officers are currently looking for suspects in the case. Although information is sketchy, the victim described one suspect as black male with a thin moustache and goatee, standing about 5 foot 8 inches tall and weighing approximately 180 pounds. No description was given on the second suspect.
Anyone with information on this case or in the area at the time of the incident is asked to call the Clinton Police Department at 910-592-3105. All information will be anonymous.
To reach Doug Clark call 910-592-8137 ext. 123 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.